Private Gynaecologist in London
Private Doctor Clinic is situated in the famed Harley Street, London. Our experienced and highly trained private gynaecologists offer a full range of services in gynaecology and offer a reliable approach to problems that women encounter with:
- Fertility problems
- Repeated miscarriages
- Uterine fibroids
- Sexual disorders
- Menopause and its symptoms
Regular Gynaecological check up with Private Doctor
Our expert medical team will arrange for you to have regular gynaecological check-ups and we can also offer a full diagnostic work up with investigations and any subsequent treatment that is necessary. We have the full range of screening options including prenatal, diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical offerings.
Private Doctor Gynaecology Services:
- Emergency treatment with a walk-in appointment available
- Oncological services with treatment for gynaecological cancers
- Advice on contraception
- Reproductive endocrine consultation and infertility investigation
- Advice on family planning.
- Urogynaecology and reconstructive surgery of the pelvis with surgical and diagnosis of urinary problems
- Cervical smear checks and follow up treatment.
- Treatment for the relief of menopausal symptoms
The health of our women patients is always our focus.
Private Doctor Gynaecologists in London
We want to be sure that every one of our patients gets the best advice from our gynaecologists. Our team have wide experience in the field of gynaecology and women’s reproductive and sexual health and they specialise in various areas:
- Contraception, advice and treatment
- Fertility issues diagnosis and treatment
- Hormone treatment of PMS, PCOD, menopause etc.
- Diagnostics and treatment of unexplained discharge, abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Management of pregnancy
- Treatment for endometriosis and pelvic pain
- Management of excessive menstrual bleeding with non-invasive methods
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome screening
- Urodynamic examinations
- Investigations and treatment of bladder and urinary incontinence.
Private Doctor Gynaecology FAQs and Glossary
- Problem Menstruation - Periods that last longer or occur more frequently than normal need to be investigated. Blood count or a pelvic scan may be indicated as well as possibly a thyroid scan.
- Pain in the pelvic area - Pain with intercourse is an indication that you may need to undergo vaginal or pelvic examination, laparoscopy, or an ultrasound scan in case you have endometriosis.
- Endometriosis – In this condition cells from the wombs lining grow outside the womb and can cause anything from slight bleeding to ovary enlargement with scarring and will usually lead to the sufferer experiencing severe pain.
- Vaginal prolapse – If the vaginal wall is weakened through childbirth, the uterus and or the bladder might prolapse and will require surgery to repair.
- Hysteroscopic surgery – In this procedure the gynaecologist will take biopsies or remove fibroids or polyps from the womb.
- Fibroids – This is a problem that is quite common and affects the uterus. Fibroids can lead to periods being a lot heavier and in extreme cases can even give rise to infertility. Surgery or monthly injections will be the treatment of choice for this condition.
- Hysterectomy – This is the medical term for the complete removal of the womb and is often done in cases of cancer or other conditions where it is indicated. Surgery is carried out either vaginally, abdominally, or laparoscopically.
- Bleeding Post-Menopause- Women who experience bleeding after the menopause will first have an examination of their pelvis and may also need an ultrasound scan for diagnosis.
- Surgery for gynaecological cancer - This will be used for the management of women suffering from cervical and ovarian cancer as well as cancers of the vulva, fallopian tubes, uterus and vagina.
- Abnormal smear tests treated with Colposcopy This is a 10–15-minute procedure carried out where there has been an abnormal smear result to remove cancerous cells from the neck of the womb.
- Vulval issues - The outer tissue in the vagina can harden with age. This can give rise to pre-cancerous symptoms and there is often also cyst formation. It is called intra-epithelial neoplasia.
Exam at Private Doctor Procedures in Gynaecology - Harley Street:
- Urine sampling
- Examination of the breasts
- Examination of the pelvis
- External examination of the genitals
- Exam with the use of a speculum
- A cervical smear
- Examination recto-vaginally
- Colposcopy procedure