Everything Related to Men’s Health for Improving their Condition
In today’s world, everyone knows the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. If you have a tight schedule, you may find it difficult to take out time for eating food on time or doing regular exercises. But, you cannot neglect your health this way. Read to know 9 health tips on how men can improve their overall condition and stay strong.
- See your doctor for routine a check-up – Most men do not want to visit a doctor and pay no attention to unusual symptoms. This can explain why women seem to live longer than men. It is advised that you do not allow complacency to take a toll on your health. You need to fix yearly check-ups with the doctor who will check your body weight, blood pressure and cholesterol levels. If any of these are more than normal, then they indicate higher risks for cardiovascular disease. The doctor may even recommend changes in your lifestyle, medications and other treatments to improve your condition.
- Eat natural and healthy foods – If you buy processed and packaged foods, then you need to know that these are full of salt, sugar, calories and unwanted fats. It is suggested that you restrict the consumption of such and eat different kinds of:
- Fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Whole-grain products such as whole-grain breads and brown rice.
- Salmon fish.
- Fiber-rich foods like leafy greens and beats.
- Lean cuts of poultry and meat like lean ground beef and skinless chicken breast.
- Get moving at a rapid pace – Heart disease is the major cause of death among men. By doing regular exercise, you can prevent heart disease and maintain good health. It can also help to improve your overall physical and mental health. Try to do at least 150 minutes of aerobic exercise or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic exercise every week. For example, you may schedule five 30-minute long sessions of aerobic exercise on a weekly basis. Aerobic exercise includes different activities such as jogging, swimming, walking, tennis, basketball and other sports. It is essential to make time for two sessions of muscle-strengthening activities in a week. For example, rock climbing, yoga and weight lifting can help to develop stronger muscles.
- Maintain your healthy waist – If the measurement of your waist is more than 40 inches, then this might be a cause for concern and can increase the risk for developing obesity-related diseases. For example, men who have large waists are at higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes, stroke and heart disease. For most men, the best way to get rid of extra belly fat is to reduce the intake of calories from your diet and do more exercise. Seek help from your doctor who can help you to develop a weight-loss plan that is effective and safe for you.
- Include sufficient vitamins in your diet – Most people get vitamins and minerals needed for their health with a well-balanced diet. It is important to include a wide range of vitamins and mineral-rich foods, such as fresh veggies, fruits and whole grains. Many foods provide natural antioxidant compounds and heart-healthy fiber that can lessen the risk of certain diseases.
Some people may benefit from taking multivitamin or other supplements daily. The private GP services include the doctor asking you to supplement your diet with fish oil capsules that have Vitamin D3 and omega-3 fatty acids. Don’t forget to ask about the potential benefits and risks of multivitamin or other supplements to your daily routine.
- Break your unhealthy habits – Smoking is one of the worst things you should avoid to improve your health. Also, second-hand smoke is as equally dangerous. Both of them may lead to several health problems such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart disease and emphysema. They can even increase the risk of developing different kinds of cancer. Other behaviors for damaging your health are – consuming too much alcohol and habitual drug use. For example, men can consume at least two drinks per day and if they take recreational drugs, then it is advised to stop immediately. They are associated with various health problems such as – cocaine use may cause strokes and heart attacks, injected drugs can cause serious infections and skin breakdown at the injection sites. Some men use anabolic steroids for increasing muscle mass. Possible symptoms include – skin disease, sterility, heart disease, and behavioral problems.
- Keep your skin protected from damage – Melanoma is a kind of deadliest skin cancer that occurs in men above 50 years old. If you want to reduce the risk of getting melanoma, then take the necessary steps to stay protected from harmful ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun. When you’re outside:
- Spend time in the shade.
- Cover body with proper clothing.
- Cover exposed skin with sunscreen by using a SPF of 30 or higher.
- Reapply sunscreen after every two hours or more frequently if you are swimming or sweating.
You need to conduct a monthly skin check for detecting new or unusual moles, changes to the present moles or other changes to the texture or color of skin. Use a mirror to check the places you cannot see with naked eyes. See a dermatologist once a year for your full-body skin check.
- Get your prostate checked often – After skin cancer, prostate cancer is another common cancer diagnosis among men. If you find it difficult to urinate, develop pain at the time of urinating or notice blood in the urine, then these are some signs of prostate problems. Schedule an appointment with your GP who will ask you to undergo the necessary blood tests or prostate examination to check for prostate cancer or other conditions.
- Check for colorectal cancer – Colon cancer is considered to be the second leading cause of cancer death in the world. It is essential to get screened for colorectal cancer that starts from the age of 50. Your private GP may use a colonoscopy to detect any growth of cancerous cells in the colon. He will also check for polyps which is a kind of noncancerous growth. Certain polyps might develop into cancer at a later time. Talk to your doctor and know how often you need to perform a colonoscopy.
Thus, you need to schedule an appointment with your private doctor in London for yearly check-ups in order to maintain good health and improve your overall condition.